Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sick Day

I've been sick for over a week (bronchitis? pneumonia? some kind of chest infection, I'm sure.) I suppose I should see my doctor, but I'm always slow to call. (However, the second my daughter's temperature goes above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, I am on the phone harassing the front desk for an appointment RIGHT NOW!)

When not sleeping, I've been obsessed with television shows from the early 2000s, like Coupling (UK version), Gilmore Girls, Charmed (hey, I never claimed this blog was high brow.) I miss the fashions from that era, which means I am old and will soon turn into one of those women who insist on wearing what they looked best in 10/20/30 years ago. Which, of course, means I am doomed to sport pointed boots, one shouldered tops and flat ironed hair for the rest of my life.

I suppose it could be worse--at least I don't miss the fashions from my teens. Mile high bangs and frosted lipstick never did suit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment